Patient Advocate Certificate Program | What is a Patient Advocate? |Course Information | Patient Advocate Certification Board | Meet the Designer | Your Presenters | Required Textbooks | Quality Matters
Are you currently working as Patient Advocate seeking to further develop your knowledge and skills, network with other professionals in the field, and dramatically improve outcomes for your patients and their families in your practice?
Are you considering a new career as a Patient Advocate and want to truly prepare for this meaningful and critical work? Do you want MORE than the typical online program with canned content and simple multiple choice assessment?
The newly redesigned Cleveland State University Online Patient Advocate Certificate Program provides essential content designed by practicing professionals who KNOW what it really takes to help patients and their families. Deepen your knowledge and enhance your ability to advocate for your clients while you prepare for the Board Certified Patient Advocate (BCPA) examination, the only U.S. nationally-recognized Patient Advocacy certification.
Start the Cleveland State University Online Patient Advocate Certificate Program at any time with any course.
CSU is an approved provider of CE by the Patient Advocate Certification Board to satisfy the requirement for Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). After you’ve passed your BCPA exam, come back to CSU to earn your CE hours to maintain your certification.
Each four-week course is $249
Complete all 8 courses to successfully complete the Cleveland State University Online Patient Advocate Program
- Scope of Practice and Transparency- January 10-February 7, 2020
- Empowerment, Autonomy, Rights, and Equity-February 21-March 20, 2020
- Communication and Interpersonal Relationships-March 27-April 24, 2020
- Healthcare Access, Finance, and Management-April 24- May 22, 2020
- Medical knowledge and the Healthcare System- May 29-June 26, 2020
- Professionalism, Professional Development, and Practice-July 3-July 31, 2020
- Ethical Standards- August 7-September 4, 2020
- PACB Exam Prep-February 7-February 28 and September 11-October 9, 2020
Successful completion of each course requires a score of 80%.
Scores are determined by a combination of quiz scores, assignment completion, and discussion board participation.
Go to Course Information to learn more details about course offerings.